Creative: T Y P O G R A P H Y


The brief for this typography project stated that we create our own typefaces using only the eight letters from the word typography. My sketchbook work consisted of a lot of experimentation and a wider range of media than I'm used to.






I started to experiment with shadows and how I could make letters using light, shadow and objects in different ways. I started with paper cut-outs hung with string to create an abstract looking word. I manipulated the photographs I took to create even more abstract images using photoshop filters.





I then moved on to try a similar method using a person's hands to create letters, and then continued to manipulate the photographs I took in Photoshop. 


After experimenting with light and shadow I changed my approach and decided to use objects to locate typography within shapes and forms. We have several guitars in my house and I decided to use them in my experiment. I love how this piece turned out and it is currently one of the strongest pieces in my portfolio.



Sunday 2 March 2014

Powered by Blogger.