Creative: To Kill A Mockingbird outcomes

As we come to the end of the second phase of Foundation and I have some rare spare time on my hands I thought I'd write a series of posts about my work so far!

As seen in a previous post I have been illustrating the book To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. My sketchbook work was all simple, picking out key imagery from important chapters. After lots of photoshop trial and error I produced several minimalistic title pages for the book, each displaying a recognisable silhouette. 










In case you've never read the book or can't tell, the illustrations are of the silver coffee pitcher, Alabama state, Miss Maudie in her hat, a mockingbird, an Azalea flower, Scout's overalls, a shotgun, Atticus's glasses and his office's hat rack. Each silhouette was drawn by hand, scanned into Photoshop, coloured, filtered and the simple text then added. I love how these designs turned out and would love to see them applied either as book covers or as book/film posters of some sort.

Sunday 2 March 2014

Powered by Blogger.